American Ecotech is a focused and ambitious organization committed entirely to helping scientists, researchers, government, and industrial entities accurately measure what is in the air. Our clients encompass Federal government agencies, State & Local government environmental protection agencies, major industrial facilities, environmental consulting firms, and various scientific and research organizations. We love working with hundreds of scientists and engineers who share the same passion we do.
When you are part of the team at American Ecotech then you are helping the world to breathe better. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
To learn more about our current opportunies, click on the career title below.
Technical Sales Representative
Who You Are:
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for growing business through inbound/outbound sales. Accomplished by actively seeking new sales opportunities, establishing strong customer
relationships, building customer solutions, and closing sales. You are a strong team player who excels via collaboration with other team members in a company, and you enjoy helping to develop and execute
engaging and unique sales strategies to successfully promote products and services to new and existing customers. You also are adept at engaging customers in a meaningful dialog with the predominant focus
being on how to help best help them achieve their goals. Finally, you seek to achieve extraordinary earnings as a direct result of your successful efforts.
What Will You Do?
- Develop new sales opportunities through outbound prospecting.
- Collaborate with and leverage internal and external sales, technical, and service partners to build an opportunity pipeline and close deals.
- Conduct technical/consultative selling via phone and video conferencing.
- Work with customers to provide technical guidance, present benefits, and solutions in a way that addresses their needs, and guide them through product selection.
- Generate and provide pricing and quotes to customers
- Use selling techniques to advance the sales cycle; leverages points of agreement to gain buy-in and commitment for moving forward.
- Understand and communicate the value of doing business with our company.
- Self-prioritize daily activities, meet goals and timelines, and utilize exceptional time management skills.
- Utilize Zoho CRM to accurately and effectively track activity and to update lead, account, and opportunity information, as well as sales pipeline with a focus on winning business.
- Assist in the development of best practices within the lead generation sales process.
- Minimal travel requirements – able to work in-office the majority of the time. Future work-from-home arrangements are also possible for successful candidates.
How To Join Our Team
Minimum required education: Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree with 2+ years of experience or high school diploma/GED with 4+ years of relevant experience
- 2 + years of technical sales experience in industry/technology or related field with a high degree of complexity preferred.
- Prior experience in scientific equipment sales is considered to be a significant advantage.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral, written, and presentation communications skills.
- Strong Telephone / Email communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently, with initiative and good business judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to effectively learn and utilize online CRM applications and social media resources to grow the territory.
- Demonstrated success in developing/prospecting new business.
- Capacity to absorb complex information and apply it accurately and quickly.
- Knowledge and experience with business software applications including MS Outlook Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel,) and virtual communication tools (Zoom, Microsoft Teams) preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- Base salary and generous commission structure
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off and 9 public Holidays
- Complimentary Gym Membership
Working directly with the CEO & COO, the Bookkeeper will plan, direct, or coordinate accounting, investing, banking, insurance, securities, and other financial activities to help the company achieve its business strategy.
What will you do?
- Bank reconciliation, petty cash reconciliation
- Accounts Payable / Receivable
- Prepare Invoices
- Process monthly payroll
- Assist CPA with annual State and Federal tax return preparation
- Prepare 1099 & 1046
- Manage monthly and quarterly tax payments
- Prepare adjusting journal entries.
- Review accounts for discrepancies and reconcile differences.
- Establish tables of accounts and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Examine inventory to verify journal and ledger entries.
- Lead stock take
- Prepare financial ad hoc reports and scheduled monthly reports, including cash flow reports and GM% reports.
- Report to management regarding the finances of the establishment.
- Develop, maintain, or analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Prepare, analyze, or verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income, or expenditures.
- Manage QuickBooks updating (Cost vs. Sell for price adjustments)
How to join our team:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a closely related field
- Proficiency in accounting, general ledger adjustments, financial reporting, cash, and investment account reconciliations. Hands-on in-depth experience with QuickBooks Enterprise (Manufacturing & Wholesale) Accounting software is a significant advantage.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Proven ability to work independently with a minimum of supervisor input.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance.
- 3 weeks paid time off and 9 paid public holidays.
- Complimentary gym membership.
If you are a student or recent graduate with mechanical aptitude, we are interested in hearing from qualified internship candidates anytime. Interns will have the opportunity for meaniful contributions to American Ecotech while experiencing professional development.
American Ecotech offers competitive renumeration and health insurance. We provide 3 weeks time off per year, plus public holidays. You must have technical experience, and be highly motivated and very customer service-oriented in order to become part of our successful team.
Please email your resume together with a brief description about why you would be interested in considering a position working with American Ecotech to HR@AmericanEcotech.com. We are always interested in hearing from qualified applicants.